By registering to participate in the Women’s Rugby World Cup 2017 Quiz (the Game) you agree to be bound by and to comply with these terms and conditions (as amended from time to time by Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL) in its sole discretion) (the Terms and Conditions) and also the Game Rules (as defined in term 1 below). This competition is run by RWCL.
THE GAME RULES
- The Game will be governed by the Game rules from time to time published on the website at www.rwcwomens.com) RWCL reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion where it considers it necessary or desirable to do so. The Participant agrees that no liability shall attach to RWCL as a result of any such change and each participant is advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
- The Game is open from Tuesday 22 August 2017 (the Start Date) and ends on Tuesday 29 August 2017 (the End Date).
- RWCL will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Game Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. RWCL will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules, including but not limited to the award of any Prize, shall be final.
APPLICATIONS FOR ENTRY INTO THE GAME
- Subject to the remainder of these terms, persons of all ages and residents of all countries are eligible to apply to participate in the Game (subject to terms 18 and 19).
- Employees, officers, directors or consultants of or advisers to, or any other person with a formal relationship with (and/or immediate family members of any of the foregoing): RWCL, Irish Rugby Football Union, World Rugby, the 12 Participating Unions and Players are entitled to apply to participate in the Game, but are specifically subject to term 12. For the avoidance of doubt, this term 5 and term 12 shall not apply to any person who has a formal relationship with any of the 12 Participating Unions solely by virtue of their membership thereof.
- No agents or third parties can apply to participate in the Game on a Participant's behalf. No responsibility will be accepted by RWCL for lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible or incomplete applications or applications not received by RWCL or that cannot be delivered, received or entered for any technical or other reason. Any such applications will be deemed void. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Multiple applications for entry in respect of the Game per unique registered user of the Website are permitted.
- There is no closing date for entries for the Game and Participants can join at any time up until the End Date. However, RWCL may publish deadlines on the Website from time to time by which a Participant must be registered as a Participant of the Game in order to qualify for the prize awarded, which deadlines and any other published information shall constitute an amendment to these terms and conditions upon publication.
PRIZES AND WINNER'S DETAILS
- The prize awarded in respect of the Game (the Prize) will be a signed WRWC 2017 ball signed by the captains of the participating teams. The Prize will be at the discretion of RWCL. RWCL reserves the right to alter or withdraw any element of the Prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value where unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so. No cash alternative will be offered.
- Subject to the other terms herein, the Prize for the Game will be awarded to one of the Participants who has correctly answered all the questions in the quiz..
- Employees, officers, directors or consultants of or advisers to, or any other person with a formal relationship with (and/or immediate family members of any of the foregoing) RWCL, EnglandRugby2015, World Rugby, the 20 Participating Unions and Players may play the Game but are ineligible to win any Prizes. If such person would otherwise win a Prize, it shall be awarded to the next selected Participant.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances. No warranty or guarantee is given by RWCL in relation to the prize.
- The Game Winner’s name will be published on the WRWC 2017 Website during the week immediately following the conclusion of the Game. Alternatively, winner's name can be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to RWCL at World Rugby House, 8-10 Pembroke Street Lower, Dublin, D02 AE93, for the attention of Sarah Griffiths.
- Winners will also be notified by email (using the email address provided on registration) in respect of the Prize at which time they must confirm their contact details, prior to the Prize being delivered.
- Participants' names and the winner’s photographic images and their comments relating to the Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of RWCL and the Game in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid. By participating in the Game, the Participant agrees that his/her name may be published and/or notified to the public by RWCL; and (if requested) he/she will engage in reasonable publicity detailing that they won a prize (potentially including publicity interviews, pictures, website publication and use in social media).
USE OF THE PRIZE
- The Prize is for the personal use of the Winner only. It may not be sold, auctioned or used for any other commercial purpose and the Winner warrants that it shall not sell, auction or use the Prize for any commercial purpose. Any attempt by the Winner to breach this warranty shall result in the Prize returning to RWCL’s ownership and the Winner shall be required to return the Prize immediately.
APPLICANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
- If a Participant is under 18 years of age he/she should carefully read these terms and conditions, and ensure that his/her parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting any application. Participants under the age of 18 require parental consent to enter.
- If RWCL wishes to use any personal data or photographs of a Prize winner who is under 18 years of age, it will be subject to the written consent of the Participant's parent or guardian.
RESPONSIBILITY AND REMEDIES
- Neither RWCL, nor any of its affiliates will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising out of organising or hosting this Game or as a result of the Participant’s participation or attempted participation in the Game or as a result of the winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of the Prize. If the Game or any part of it is not capable or running or being completed as planned for any reason, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of RWCL, RWCL reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game. RWCL can change these terms and conditions or cancel the prize draw at its discretion and without incurring liability as a result.
- The extent of RWCL’s responsibility to a Participant is determined in the context of the following:
(a) the Game is provided to Participants free of charge;
(b) Participants are responsible for their own actions and the information provided by them; and
(c) each Participant is responsible for ensuring that the Participant’s computer equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
- While RWCL will endeavour to ensure that the Game is available to Participants at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot guarantee that this will be the case. However, RWCL will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to participants.
- Any breach by a Participant of the Game Rules and/or these terms and conditions will entitle RWCL to suspend and delete a Participant's Game account without notice and to prohibit such Participant from applying to re-join the Game. If a Participant is barred or disqualified from entry by RWCL, that Participant shall not be eligible to participate in the Game under any other identity or team name or for any other reason.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- The Game may not be used to facilitate any gaming, wagering or the placing of bets.
- The Game may not be participated in by any Participant in a jurisdiction in which participation in the Game breaches any applicable laws. By participating in the Game, the Participant warrants that he or she is permitted by law in the relevant jurisdiction to do so.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.